Thursday, February 13, 2014

Setting Up This Blog and RSS Feed

Setting up this blog and RSS feed were a bit more difficult than I had expected. I'm familiar with online blog tools; however, I have never used Blogger before. 

I am not a fan of this website layout. There were too many options to choose from when setting up my blog, and, if I did not have the step-by-step instructions, I would have been confused. The multiple setting options were a bit overwhelming to me. Yet, I know that everything takes time to learn. I'm sure that as I continue using this blogging tool, I'll become familiar with it. Furthermore, there is a lot of information about how to use Blogger within Chapter 3 of the Richardson text, and so I'll be sure to reference the textbook as I'm posting to and customizing this blog.

Additionally, I have never set up an RSS feed before, although I have seen these feeds on one or two other blogs. I'm interested in actually using an RSS feed for the first time and I'm excited to see what this feed has to offer.

I have already linked one of my group member's blogs to my own blog. Finding the RSS Feed link on a different blog was also a bit confusing, and so I'm hoping I did it correctly!   

Overall, while setting up this blog and the RSS feed were somewhat confusing, I'm excited to learn more about blogging and manage my own blog. 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel.
    I posted another comment earlier but now that I log back in I do not see it. I am not sure how this thing is working. Anyway, good job on your blog. I too had many issues trying to set up my blog. I am not sure if it was done correctly. The instructions in the text by Richardson does not make sense since the Blogger.com may have been revised. I will keep checking to see if my RSS works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Oneil,

    Thanks for your comment! Let me know if you need help with the RSS feed. I just added your blog to my home page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Rachel
    I have went round and round with this RSS thing and not sure if we are all connected or not. If you can tell that we are please let me know if not I will continue trying on my end to see what I have done wrong.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I share your initial dislike for this website's layout. I use wordpress for my other blog and it seems to be more user friendly.

    ReplyDelete